Recently, I had the opportunity to talk to Robert Green about the HTML authoring features you can find in Blend. You can view the recording of this Visual Studio Toolbox episode below (or download a high-quality MP4):
During this talk, I demo’ed how a lot of the features we added can be used end-to-end to create a working (…and good looking!) HTML-flavored Metro style app.
Some of the big Blend features I covered include:
- Working with the Styles pane, CSS Properties panel, and the Applied Rules list
- Adding a ListView control and associating it with some data
- Defining an item template and modifying how it looks
- Specifying a binding
- Laying out content with the Grid element
- Creating a CSS3 transition
- Using interactive mode to style the checked state of my ListView
- Showing how to use the Platform panel to design for devices
I hope to provide more screencasts in the future that target specific features in Blend, so if you have any requests for topics you would like to see shown, please feel free to post in the comments below.